Monday, February 16, 2015

New York, New York










During fall break, I had the amazing experience of travelling to the big US of A for the very first time. I have always wanted to visit the, what I had only known from pictures, United States and was therefore very excited. Our first stop was visiting my mom's maid of honour Michelle, in Austin, Texas. It was 34°C and I was loving it. We went paddle boarding, ate the most amazing tacos ever, witnessed the La Dia de los Muertos, translated being "The Day of the Dead", a traditional Mexican festival and went to a real life, american farm.


After about two days of being in Austin, we flew to the Big Apple, New York City. Being in NYC for the first time, is like being in a picture. Everything seemed so familiar, yet I had never actually been there (thank you internet). What did I do in NYC? Well, besides the mainstream tourist stuff i.e. the Statue of Liberty, we shopped until we dropped. Soho, Upper-East, Downtown, Meatpacking you name it. Nothing and nowhere was safe. One place that was exactly like out of a picture as of course, Time Square. It was absolutely marvellous.




Guess what? To top off my amazing trip, on the second day of experiencing the Big Apple, I met the one and only Cara Delevigne!!! It was the release of the new "My Burberry" scent. All I had to do was purchase a small 72$ bottle of the perfume and boom, I was standing in the line of the Sephora store across the street from my hotel "Gasevoort". She is the most hysterical person I have ever met, and by far one of the sweetest. Of course I only had like 5 minutes with her but still, her you remember.


I had the most amazing time and I cannot wait to go back.

E.W






No comments:

Post a Comment